Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fresh Garland

It's that time of year!  We started decorating the weekend before Thanksgiving.  I know, I know! It seems as though we cheated this year.  But let me assure you that I was much more pleasant knowing I could come home from a long Thanksgiving weekend to an already decorated house full of Christmas Cheer.

Do you decorate with fresh garland?  I never have but I was insprired when I found a trash can full of fresh cut greenery at Lowe's.  They let me have it all for FREE!  Love it.


This is what I did with it:

I made this to go above the front door outside.





And this is right by the front door outside. 
With the leftovers I made a small wreath that hangs on my window above my kitchen sink. 
It smells like Christmas!

The employee at Lowe's told me to mist them daily and they should stay vibrant until Christmas.  Lowe's is carrying fresh garland and wreaths for a very reasonable price...or you could ask for their trash pile. hehe!