Monday, January 16, 2012

Baby Kress

Here are the pics I promised from the baby shower.  We had so much fun thinking of what would be 'just perfect' for our friend, Ashlee.  We went with the colors that will be in Kress' nursery:  orange, turquoise & lime green.  How cute is that???
   

 I made this chalkboard out of an old wood table top.  I taped off the edges and sprayed the middle with chalkboard paint.  I really love that stuff!

 I love the banner trend happening right now.  I made one for our family Christmas pics out of a remnant piece of fabric (burlap look-a-like) that I found at GW.  It didn't have a price on it.  When I took to the counter to ask about it the girl looked at me as if I was crazy (I get that a lot) and asked me if 10 cents would be too much.  Haha!  Before long people will be paying ME to take their junk.  I had enough of that remnant for two banners. 

 This little board came bare from Hobby Lobby.  I borrowed some green paint from Ben and Ashlee so that it would match his nursery.


 Ashlee loves dips.  So we made little finger foods with dips, like pig-in-blanket with syrup, pretzel sticks with honey mustard, bread sticks with marinara sauce, fruit with cream cheese dip and then of course thumbprint cookies (just because they are awesome).

 The fabric under the banner was made by my friend, Renee.  She made it for her son's first birthday.  I loved it and loved that it coordinated so well with the shower decor.

I'm so mad at myself for not taking a 'before' picture of this little elephant.  Along with her cute colors, Ashlee is sprinkling in a few elephants.  She also talked her husband, Ben, into painting an entire wall in the nursery blue and orange argyle...amazing.  Anyway, I was so excited to transform this little thing that I also found at GW for a mere 29 cents, that I forgot to snap a pic of the sad, brown wood piece that he once was.  There's beauty everywhere!

There were other small touches, like the incredible invitations that Renee designed and the huge photo collage of Ben and Ashlee's maternity pics (Renee designed that as well.  She's an amazing photographer and friend.  Click here to see her work).  My Friend, Jo, put together the awesome hostess gift.  In a big basket, she gathered receiving blankets, onesies and argyle neck ties with numbers that were stickers.  Ashlee is all set to take little Kress' monthly photos. 

We are all so thankful for this little life.  God is faithful and is so good to give us the desires of our heart.  We can't wait to meet the new little man!