Friday, January 27, 2012

Box of Thread

...unless, when we enter the land, you have tied this scarlet cord we enter the land, you have tied this scarlet cord in the window... Joshua 2:18

Let me tell you about Hazel.  Hazel is a radiant elderly lady that I have appreciated getting to know over my years of junk shopping.  However, she introduces herself to me the same way every time I go in.  I say, "Oh, yes, I remember.  I come in here often (wink wink)."  It then dawns on her (or so she leads me to believe) who I am.  She then offers me a map of all the antique stores in town.  I always take it just in case a new store has been added.  She owns one of my favorite little places where I find some lovables.

When I was there a few weeks ago I found this entire box of thread on pretty little wooden spools.  She quoted me 50 cents for one or $5 for the box.  You guessed it.  I couldn't pass it up. 
This box has every color imaginable!  I needed turquoise the other day...it was there.  I needed orange...it's there, too.  Purple, pink, yellow, dark blue, light blue, paisley, crimson, scarlet, green, black, white, grey, brown...it's all there!

The box also adds some color to my cozy, little work space. 
I think Hazel is quite the lady...
whether she remembers me or not...